Sunday, October 27, 2013

May in Pictures

I seriously take a bazillion pictures through out the year.  The problem I have is keeping up with editing and this year has seemed to have been the worst.  One of my biggest struggles is dealing with all the overwhelming priories in our life.  I have been trying to figure out how to work a full time job, be a tentative mother and wife, keep a house, have super cooked, run kids to softball, gymnastics, baseball, football and guitar lessons, keep up with my part time business and hobby of photography, have a social life of our own and still find peace and rest in my life.  I am not going to lie, there have been a few times this year when I thought I was going to loose it.  To say I have been stressed out is an understatement.  I long for a simpler life, a simpler time...a time when a woman's job was her family and home.  However, at this time that is just not in the cards for us, so until then...or when the kids start driving, I may be a little MIA around here.  If there is a super mom out there who has all this figured out, please send your tips and tricks my way...I could use all the help I can get.  A full time housekeeper, cook and nanny would work as well!  ;) 

We had a summer filled with baseball and softball!

 Cutest little third baseman ever!

 I think his helmet may be a little large!

 Lakelyn spent a lot of time playing in the dirt and rocks at ballparks across the state of Kentucky this summer!

 Eating a snack between games.


First of summer on the farm.
 Tobacco plants came in.

 Getting the baler ready


 The start of planing our garden

 One afternoon Mommy needed some quite time so I walked down to the river.  Thankfully, I took my camera with me because while I was sitting there Mr. Beaver swam by.

More Softball

 I so enjoyed watching these girls play this season!  They played their hearts out and it showed all summer long!

 Getting pumped up before the game!


 Avery was so proud to get MVP of the game!


 Our little piece of heaven on earth at my parents farm.

 Chaz had to help Goose blow out his candles!


Playing in the gully at Gran and Papa's.  Katie, Daniel and I spent many hours doing the same thing when we were kids.



 Lakelyn painting my nails one evening.

 Taken a ride with Daddy!

 Riding in the new tractor with this handsome man!

The kids and I have been reading through a book of fairy tales that was mine when I was a little girl.

 I saw on pinterest that you can grow celery from the stalks you buy at the grocery store.  I thought I would give it a try and it worked!  However, I never got to eat any of it because Jason accidentally chopped it down with the weed-eater.

Avery and Oaks got to go zip lining with our church group and loved it!




 Team Huddle after the game.

 Through my daughters eyes.

No comments:

Post a Comment